Home > Departments > Parks and Recreation > Special Events
The City of Woodland encourages the use of its facilities for special events held for the community as well as for private events. The process for approval of any special event may take several weeks. Please take this into consideration by allowing at least 6-8 weeks for this process to be completed.
To hold a special event in the City of Woodland:
- Complete and submit a Special Events Agreement form along with applicable fee(s)/certificate of insurance. Standard fee is $200 + $50 Deposit.
- A letter to the City must accompany your application. It should outline the details of your planned event, location requested and include any requests for special accommodations or road closures. Please include a diagram/map detailing the set-up of your event. These will be used for fire and building inspections prior to the event date.
- Submit your request a minimum of 6-8 weeks prior to your event.
- Date can be tentatively held pending approval.
- City Department Heads will review, comment and recommend approval or respond back to applicant with any revisions. Applications recommended for approval are forwarded to the Park Board (if at a Park facility) and are presented at their next regular meeting. All other Special Event requests (non-park related) will be submitted to the city council for approval.
- The City’s Park Board will review, comment and recommend approval or respond back to applicant with revisions. Applications recommended for approval will be forwarded to City Council for final approval at the next regular Council meeting.
For additional information, please contact the Clerk Treasurer’s office at 360-225-8281.