Skip to navigation.

Code Enforcement

The City employs a Code Enforcement Officer who is responsible for the investigation of potential violations and the enforcement of municipal codes, ordinances and regulations.  Currentyl, the Code Enforcement Department is located in the Public Works Office at 300 East Scott Ave, Woodland, WA and is available Tuesdays & Thursdays from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm and on Wednesdays from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm. Beginning March 1, 2017, Code Enforcement will join the Community Development Group at City Hall. (230 Davidson Avenue)

Our goal is to eliminate nuisances for both residential and commercial properties.  Your name, address, and phone number are essential to a successful investigation, however, anonymous complaints may be investigated if reported in detail. You may be contacted for additional information and to inform you of the disposition of the case. Complaints are viewed as an opportunity to educate citizens and achieve compliance.

Request for Investigation Form

Typical complaints include:

Construction Codes:
Permits for building, plumbing, and/or mechanical work; clearing and grading.  Abandoned and dangerous buildings.  Housing code violations.

Illegal fence height and placement.

Duplexes/Boarding Houses:
Single-family residences used as illegal duplexes or for independent room rentals.

Junk Vehicles:
Vehicles on private property that are at least three years old and extensively damaged, without a valid registration plate appears to be inoperable, i.e., flat tire, extensive damage, missing major parts. Has a fair market value equal only to the value of the scrap in it.

Home Businesses:
Businesses conducted in a residence may require a Home Occupation permit

Land Use Violations:
Violations of zoning and development regulations.

Litter on Private property:
Dumpsters overflowing with garbage; illegal dumping of garbage; litter strewn; illegal placement of signs and flyers.

Accumulations of trash, appliances, debris, and junk on private property.

Recreational Vehicles, Boats, Trailers:
Violations of parking, storage restrictions, and violation of occupied recreational vehicle used as a dwelling.

All signs must be approved by the City Building Official and the Public Works Director.  Temporary signs are permitted only in special circumstances for a limited period of time.  Sandwich board signs (A-board) are permitted in certain zoning classifications with application of projection and location standards.

Weed Abatement:
Trees and shrubs obstructing sidewalks or streets.  Vegetation which has grown or died upon any property and is a fire hazard to public health, safety and welfare.


mary parsons photo

Mary Parsons
Code Enforcement
(360) 225-7999, extension 163